It can be difficult to know how old the electrics are in your home. There are a few key signs you can look out for which we’ve listed below. However, if you’d like complete peace of mind it’s best to have them inspected by an NICEIC qualified electrician who will let you know of any works that need doing and provide you with a certificate to demonstrate everything is in safe, working order.
Top five warning signs your electrics are faulty:
1. Breakers and fuses tripping regularly
2. Overheating fuseboard or appliances
3. Buzzing sound or burning smell
4. Charred or discoloured sockets
5. Getting a shock from switches and sockets